Like Me?

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dark Chocolate Truffles

I was a a phase where chocolate was the only thing i wanted. But not just any normal chocolate would do, it had to be the deep dark bitter sweet kind, the kind which you can indulge in after a long hard day while watching your favourite tv series.

I had a taste of this at a event i attended and immediately knew i had to learn how to make them myself. Thank god for the Internet and for the Joy of Baking site which had just the perfect recipe.

The truffles were a little hard to make and got a bit messy. The key to not getting chocolate all over you is to use gloves or cling film to form the cold paste into balls. And make sure you do this in a cool area because as it gets harder to manage as it thaws.

 I had a couple of variations done, what you can see here are the almond coated ones. I also made some with the whole almond inside...yeah I really like nuts!

I just love the bitterness and creaminess of these truffles. If you are a dark chocolate fan... give this a try next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment